Summer 2019 Internships:
2018 MTS SAN DIEGO INTERNSHIP PROGRAM ANNOUNCEMENT
TheThe San Diego Section of the Marine Technology Society is proud to announce its 20th annual summer internship program. The MTS Program will provide a six-week summer experience for motivated high school students, hosted by one of MTS’s corporate sponsors.Summer Internship Program for High School Students
Click here to see what other past Interns have said about their experiences with the program. Students will be provided with a hands-on science/technology experience, building important scientific, technical and employment skills under the direction of a workplace mentor. Students will also receive a stipend of at least $2400 upon successful completion of the program.
Here are the top 30 minority and Black internship programs for 2018:
1. Year Up Internship Program – this internship helps urban young adults increase their technical skills and prepare for a career in information technology. Students are paid a stipend during the internship program and also receive mentoring, guidance and expert career advice.
2. Microsoft Internship Program For Women and Minorities – this very competitive 12-week summer internship program is specifically designed for undergraduate minority college freshmen and sophomores interested in a paid summer internship in software engineering. Students must major in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related disciplines.
3. TV One Internship Program – TV One is one of the largest African American cable networks. Their summer internship is open to full-time or part-time students attending an accredited college or university with an interest in the media industry. Internships are offered to undergraduate college students in the Fall, Spring and Summer.
4. The Minority Access Internship Program – internships are offered in the spring, summer and fall to college sophomores, juniors, seniors, graduates and professionals. Interns receive pre-employment training and counseling on career choices as well as professional development, with the possibility of full-time employment after graduation.
5. Congressional Black Caucus Foundation Internships – 3 different paid internships are available along with housing for college students pursuing undergraduate associates or bachelors degrees. A GPA of 2.5 or above is required.
6. BET Networks Internships – BET is the most prominent television network targeting African American audiences. BET offers paid internships for both undergraduate and graduate college students at five different BET locations. The 10-week internships are open to students interested in careers in the media industry.
7. Allstate Insurance Internships – Allstate is the second largest personal lines insurer in the U.S., offering paid summer internships in a variety of major and minor study areas and at various locations across the U.S.
8. PricewaterhouseCoopers – offers more than 700 internships each year across 29 countries for college students majoring in accounting and finance. Students will work with highly skilled professionals and receive a realistic insight into the accounting and finance profession.
9. Dell Computers – 10-12 week internships are offered during the summer for undergraduate and graduate students in the areas of marketing and sales, finance and accounting, IT and more. Dell Computers, a subsidiary of Dell Technologies, is one of the largest technology companies in the world.
10. Oracle – the second largest software maker offers 8-week, paid internships to students who attend one of the 39-member historically black colleges and universities (HBCUs). The internships help students to gain knowledge and experience in the field of technology.
11. General Motors – this automotive giant offers paid internships in the areas of communications, finance, information technology, marketing, engineering, manufacturing, health and safety. The internships offer a challenging work experience in the automotive industry.
12. Merck – one of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the world, Merck offers 9-11 week internships to college students in the areas of research & development, sales & marketing, information technology, human resources, communications, finance and legal, as well as internships in biology and chemistry.
13. Coca-Cola – offers paid internships to minority students who are college sophomores majoring in chemistry, engineering, finance, human resources, information technology, marketing or business management. Internships are usually in Atlanta, Georgia.
14. NASCAR – offers paid, 10-week, full-time, summer internships to deserving minority students with an interest in the NASCAR industry. Applicants may be of Alaskan Native, American Indian, Asian/Pacific Islander, African American, Hispanic, or of other racial minority descent.
15. Google – offers rich learning experiences for college students that include pay. Google is rated No. 1 by Forbes as the best internship opportunity for college students interested in a career in software engineering. Google offers an open culture and rich learning experience as well as good pay.
16. UNCF/NAACP – 10-week, paid summer internships are offered to undergraduate students attending Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs). The Gateway to Leadership Internship Program offers finance majors an opportunity to work with major financial organizations.
17. NABJ – the National Association of Black Journalists offers internships to minority students interested in pursuing a future career in journalism. Applicants selected for a 10-week internship will be offered positions in print, broadcast or online disciplines at selected news organizations across the country.
18. Essence Communications Internship – this 9-week, paid internship is open to both undergraduate and graduate students who are interested in a career in the media industry. Candidates must have a strong interest in issues among African American women.
19. Multicultural Advertising Intern Program (MAIP) – this paid internship is offered to college students pursuing a career in advertising. Eligible students must be Asian/Asian American, Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander, Hispanic/Latino, Black/African American, American Indian or Alaska Native, Multiracial or Multi-ethnic.
20. Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities (HACU) National Internship Program (HNIP) – offers paid internships for college students in the spring, summer and fall. Over 50 students each session are offered internship positions in Washington, D.C.
21. Robert F. Kennedy Human Rights Diversity Internship – offers a 12-week summer internship for undergraduate college students across various ethnic and cultural backgrounds, including but not limited to Alaskan Native, American Indian, Asian/Pacific Islander, African American, and Hispanic descent.
22. Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources Internship – offers paid, summer internships to racial/ethnic minorities, female students, and students with disabilities and provides them with an opportunity to work in a professional work environment within Wisconsin state government.
23. SAMHSA Internship Program – offers spring and summer internships in a wide variety of areas to college students who have completed their freshman year. Undergraduate and graduate students may apply; students who have graduated within the last 12 months may also apply.
24. James E. Webb Internship Program – is open to minority undergraduate juniors, seniors, and graduate students in the areas of business and public administration. Internships include pay and are offered in the spring, summer, and fall.
25. FAA Minority Serving Institutions Intern Program – is open to minority college students interested in a career in aviation. Scholarships are available in many academic fields, including Business Administration, Computer Science, Economics, Engineering, Information Technology, and more.
26. Monell Center Science Apprenticeship Program – offers paid internships to high school and undergraduate college students in the Philadelphia area who are interested in careers in science and research. Students from underrepresented groups will be given preference.
27. Diversity Internship at The Strong – offers a 8-10 week, paid internship to undergraduate and graduate college students from diverse backgrounds with an interest in a career in the museum field. The Strong is one of the largest history museums in the U.S.
28. Greening Youth Foundation HBCUI Internship Program – offers paid, 10-week internships to HBCU (Historically Black Colleges & Universities) students around the country. Internships include housing and provides students a hands-on work experience at one of 12 National Park Services around the country.
29. The AAAS Minority Science Writers Internship – is a 10-week internship in Washington, D.C. for minorities attending an accredited college or university and majoring in journalism.
30. William Randolph Hearst Endowed Fellowship For Minority Students is offered in the Fall, Spring and Summer to minority undergraduate or graduate students with a strong interest in working in nonprofit or other social organizations. As a Hearst Fellow, interns will work 12-15 hours a week in the social sector.
To view and apply for hundreds of other 2018 internship programs, visit www.findinternships.com